Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Shadow Trapunto...Show and Tell



Here is something I designed and quilted this past year.  I started the design process with the center heart, which is a Karen mctavish design and then made up the rest from there.  I never ever know exactly what I'm doing when creating a quilt or when quilting a quilt top.  Never!  The design evolves as I'm working on  it.  I start with one element and as I'm working on that, another idea takes shape for the next element.

Back to the shadow trapunto.  Its 31.5 x 31.5.   The peachy pink color was created by putting neon orange fabric under the muslin that's on top.  So cool!  The white raised areas were created with batting.  Basically, there's muslin, then batting, then orange fabric, then a layer of batting, and finally, backing fabric.  It is quite a process, but so worth the effort.  At a later date, I will try to come up with some tutorials for you.
Please leave a message or follow me if you would be interested in that.




No comments:

Post a Comment